Friday, May 12, 2006

Free Yahoo Sitebuilder statistics with Weblog Expert Lite

Here's another reason why you might wish to consider a reliable web hosting company such as Yahoo. One of my sites is hosted with a UK based company and a couple of days ago I noticed that visits to the site had dropped dramatically for no reason.

This is the Yahoo page giving your site statistics for the past week - as you can see, they suddenly plummet!


After much agonising over whether I'd been dropped by the search engines, I realised that the domain name had expired and the web hosting company had failed to contact me to renew it. ]

By the way, I quickly checked my search engine rankings using SEO Elite so could see that my rankings in the key search engines was unaffected. I was also able to view my Weblog statistics to check whether one page or all my pages were affected - which helped me to finally work out what the problem was.

If you're wondering why I didn't notice that the site was up, it's worth noting that when a website closes, it takes a few hours or sometimes a couple of days for this to permeate right across the internet. So although my site looked as if it was present to me, it wasn't available in the countries where my major market is.

Once I contacted them it took a few hours before the site was back up and running again. This was a busy time for me, so I reckon that I probably lost around $150 worth of traffic - and all because the hosting company didn't remind me to renew!

It really is worth going with a reliable hosting company who will deliver good service as well as value for money.


Yahoo! Web Hosting

Free Yahoo Sitebuilder statistics with Weblog Expert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home